Thursday, December 8, 2011

In One Breath.

"Oh hey," I'll say the day you come home and give you a hug so big you'll have to wiggle free to breathe, but of course you'll like it because you missed me just as much as I miss you, if not more because you were the one that left to go find yourself a better you, which is funny because I thought you were just fine, maybe even perfect the way you were when you were here, but who am I to decide, because the further you go, the more I realize how much you and I need to grow on our own before we can ever really be free to chase our dream, yes that dream, the one that holds us together and keeps us calling, writing, living, breathing, hearts beating in perfect time even though it's so hard, oh it's so hard, especially when the fighting gets so bad and our hearts get so sad that we wonder what we're even doing here and why we keep trying when all we do is cause more pain and tears than the average person should have to endure, but who decided what was average and when did they decide and how come it affects us so personally, especially since we think we're different and we can beat the odds, and you even bought me a ring that sparkles and shines and I got you one too, but what does that even mean because who knows, maybe we can beat the highest odds, but maybe not, and we just have to see the next time I can hug you, because I'll just take a death breath and say,
"Oh hey."

1 comment:

  1. Wow what an amazing read.
    You have such an amazing writing style.
    I actually read that in my head as if I was saying it in one breath haha.
    Love Anafly
    xxx

    ReplyDelete