Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Getaway.

On Sunday I received an unexpected phone call, and a quick two hours later I was on my way to St. George for the next three days. These kinds of things never happen to me. While I quite enjoy spontaneity, it never occurs to the universe to allow me to do anything spontaneous or on a whim.

It was so fun to just get away from everything and just let go. I was able to follow a photographer around at a wedding and also climb red rocks and see an amazing skyline and just be a little warmer than our hometown. We went and saw movies, toured a lot of parking lots while trying not to be lost and also ate lots of dark chocolate covered pomegranates. It was also surprisingly spiritual, as I was able to talk about things that I don't really discuss with other people and I really came to terms with who I am, who I want to be, what I want to do, how I want to do it, and whether or not I really need an iPhone (AKA: A third arm).

In the end I realized that while it is incredible to run away from reality for a little while, (even if it is amidst a lot of blue hairs and their grandchildren) when it comes down to it, you'll still leave behind an empty hotel room, a messy bed, a warmer climate, but you'll take away endless memories filled with inside jokes and a lovely friendship.


I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon. It still hasn't hit me. Maybe it should snow a tiny bit? I hope you've had a wonderful week thus far!

Much Love & Spontaneity,

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment